We believe that the teachings and practices of Kundalini Yoga support a person in realizing their full human potential, with reverence and respect for life itself and love and compassion for others.
3HO is a nonprofit in service to a global mission to connect millions more people, and a broader diversity of people, with the transformational practices of Kundalini Yoga for the betterment of individuals and communities worldwide. We envision a world in which people everywhere are empowered and supported in the ways that matter to all humans: personal fulfillment, health and well-being, families and relationships, work and professional expression — united in service to the evolution of life. Click here to view 3HO’s Mission and Values
Qualifications for Service:
- Active interest in 3HO’s mission and dedication to serve 3HO in navigating a new future
- Intellectual capacity to understand the business governed by the board. Experience in business operations, strategy formulation, financial planning and team building is preferred
- Interpersonal skills – Service-oriented leadership and commitment to effectively collaborate and work well with the other 3HO board members
- Instinct and good judgment for making effective and feasible strategic decisions
- Commitment to enthusiastically put in the personal time that is needed to help 3HO grow
- Financial ability to attend online & on-site meetings; this is a totally voluntary position
- Time availability 8 hours per month. Monthly Board meetings & “as required’ committee meetings, 2 days, in-person or online, for annual strategy formulation meeting
- Prosperity consciousness to be a personal donor to 3HO’s mission
- Networking Skills to be an active and effective ambassador for 3HO to foster awareness and garner support for 3HO’s global objectives
- Fundraising skills – committed to be a fundraising spokesperson to further 3HOs strategic objectives
- Integrity to do what is right for the organization to represent our mission and vision
- Kundalini Yoga personal practice for at least 3 years
- Familiarity with the business of yoga (teachings, workshops, running a center, producing and/or selling products, etc.), especially digital and marketing experience
- Prior nonprofit board experience preferred
- Broad geographical representation – We are a global nonprofit. We are actively recruiting Board members with a global perspective whether in or outside of the USA
- Experience in legal or corporate compliance matters preferred
- Financial skills and analysis ability and experience in understanding and analyzing financial reports, assessing strategic metrics and propose feasible financial mgt recommendations
- Proficiency in English – both written and spoken English proficiency required
Timeline for Board Appointment Process
May 16 – June 15, 2023
Application period for applicants to apply to 3HO Board.
June 16 – July 15, 2023
Interview commission will conduct interview process with applicants
September 1 – October 31, 2023
SSSC Governance Committee and Board review the recommended candidates and make final decision on new and reappointed 3HO Board members.
Onboarding new board members begins.