2020 Election Results
Download official results by clicking here.
Eight (8) of the members were elected in the last election. They will serve until Khalsa Council in Fall of 2022:
- SS Guru Amrit Singh Khalsa- Herndon, VA (Treasurer)
- SS Gurusangat Singh Khalsa – Herndon, VA
- SS Gurudarbar Singh Khalsa – Española, NM
- SS Kulwant Kaur Khalsa – Española/Los Angeles
- SS Dr. Harjot Kaur Singh- Calgary, Canada
- MSS Krishna Kaur Khalsa- Los Angeles, CA
- SS Gurutej Singh Khalsa- Singapore
- SS Sahaj Singh Kahlas – Santa Fe, NM
The seven (7) members of the SSSC Board whose terms are expiring in Spring of 2020 are:
- MJ Amrit Singh Khalsa- Espanola, NM
- SS Dharm Singh Khalsa- Espanola, NM
- SS Gurujodha Singh Khalsa- Bakersfield, CA
- SS Gurujot Kaur Khalsa- Herndon, VA
- SS Sat Bachan Kaur Khalsa- Espanola, NM
- SS Sat Hari Singh Khalsa- Hamburg, Germany
- SS Viriam Singh Khalsa- Eugene, OR
2022 Election Calendar Detail
1. Nomination: September 15 – October 15, 2019
- Members of the Sangat shall nominate Candidates through an electronic survey. All Sangat members may participate.
2. Vetting: October 16- December 31, 2019
- The Chancellor’s Office shall vet candidates according to section 2.6 of the bylaws to determine eligibility.
- The Office of the Secretary of Religion will provide a list of Ministers who have qualified to be eligible to vote in the upcoming election.
3. Announcement of Candidates: January 1, 2020
- An email shall be sent to the Electorate announcing the names of the eligible Candidates.
4. Submission of Candidate Statements: January 2, 2020 – January 30, 2020
- Eligible Candidates shall be provided with a questionnaire requesting relevant biographical information. The questionnaire shall include the submission deadline and criteria for disqualification as specified in Phase 5 of this schedule.
- Each Eligible Candidate shall submit a response to the questionnaire.
- Candidates who do not submit a response before the deadline shall be disqualified.
5. Review of Candidate Statements: January 31 – February 13, 2020
- This phase may run concurrently with Phases 4 and 6.
- The Chancellor’s Office and Election Committee shall review all candidate Statements.
- Candidates whose statements are found to contain inappropriate content may submit a revised Statement no later than three (3) days before the start of voting. Candidates who have not submitted an appropriate revised Statement by this deadline shall be disqualified.
6. Posting of Candidate Statements: February 14, 2020
- This phase may run concurrently with phases 4 and 5.
- Once all appropriate Statements have been posted, the website shall be activated and a notification shall be sent to the Electorate.
7. Town Hall: March 1-8, 2020
- Online Town Halls will be conducted for Electorate to meet candidates and asks them questions.
8. Voting: March 9-22, 2020
- Voting will take place online via a secure balloting service.
- Each voter shall be provided with unique credentials so that they may fill out exactly one ballot.
- Each voter may cast a number of votes equal to or less than the number of seats up for election.
- Each voter is prohibited from voting for any Candidate more than once.
9. Tally and Notification: March 23, 2020
- Votes shall be tallied electronically after voting ends.
- The seven Candidates receiving the most votes will be seated.
- In the event of a tie for the last open seat(s), if there are more Candidates in the tie than there are open seats, the remaining open seat(s) shall be contested in a run-off election between the tied Candidates.
- Notification of election results shall include winners and tallies for every Candidate.
10. Run-Off Election (If Necessary): March 23-31, 2020
- The Electorate shall be notified of a run-off election on the day after the end of the normal election.
- Voting and the tallying of votes shall take place according to Phases 7 and 8.
11. Notify Sangat of the Runoff Election Results: April 1, 2020 (if runoff election is required)
- The Sangat shall be notified of the runoff election results.
12. Assumption of Office: (First Day of Khalsa Council) April 22, 2020
- Winners of the election shall take Office upon the expiration of the outgoing Trustees’ terms.
To learn more about who qualifies to be part of the electorate or apply please click on the following button:2020 ELECTORATE
To nominate someone to become a trustee please click on the following button:TRUSTEE NOMINATION FORM