Our mission is to awaken the self-mastery of the individual child. Through the practice of Sikh Dharma lifestyle and Kundalini Yoga, challenging academics, positive relationships, healthy life-habits and meaningful service, we strive to give our students the depth of spiritual experience and skills to confidently succeed in life, serve the age and fulfill their destiny.
Create a sustainable global learning system based on Sikh Dharma lifestyle and Kundalini Yoga that challenge the child to excel spiritually, academically and physically. We will establish a values-based integrated education community with safe and nurturing environments that support the child’s personal growth through healthy habits, life-long friendships and community awareness so that he/she may succeed in life.
Qualifications for Service
- Past or current engagement with SDEI (e.g., student, teacher, parent, student, community, etc.)
- Interest in and willingness to support SDEI goals and objectives
- Alignment with SDEI and SSSC Mission and Values
- Previous board experience preferred
- Sufficient time availability for board duties and responsibilities (4-20 hours per month)
- Background in education, ideally some experience in boarding schools and in depth knowledge of child safeguarding
- Knowledge of Indian and international law
- Fundraising and financial experience
Timeline for Board Appointment Process
October 1 – October 25, 2023:
Open application period for applicants to apply to the SDEI board.
October 26 – December 15, 2023:
SDEI/SSSC Interview Commission conducts interview process with applicants and sends recommendation for new and reappointed board members to the SSSC Governance Committee.
December 16, 2023 – January 15, 2024:
SSSC Governance Committee and Board review the recommended candidates and make final decisions on new and reappointed SDEI Board members.
Onboarding of new board members begins.