The SSSC is seeking a Human Rights Project Manager
The SSSC is the parent organization of non-profit subsidiary organizations (3HO, 3HO Europe, LYB, KRI, Sikhnet, SDI and SDEI) and the shareholder of KIIT, our for-profit subsidiary. The SSSC also serves as trustee of a charitable trust whose beneficiaries are the non-profit organizations and the communities they serve.
In April 2021, the SSSC through a Khalsa Council advisement, formed the Human Rights Commission. The first issue of focus of the commission is Marriage Equality for LGBTQ Sikhs couples.
We are now seeking a project manager for the Human Rights Commission to take the lead on this project and lend their skills and talents to this position. Read the job description below and send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] to apply.
Type: Part-time, Independent Contractor
Reports to: The Human Rights Commission Chair
Focus: Marriage Equality in the 3HO, Sikh Dharma and greater Sikh community
Scope of Work includes:
- Manage and create content that could be shared including history of Marriage Equality in the Sikh Community, list of places and ministers that hold same sex Sikh weddings, resources for security for Gurdwaras, Partners & Allies
- Develop educational materials and resource guides including mental health and family therapeutic support for LGBTQ Community, a rainbow motif that ministers, Gurdwaras and people that are friendly to these groups can display on their websites
- Work internally with the SSSC and subsidiary organizations
- Support/work with OPA (Office of Public Affairs)
- Network/create partnerships and allies with Gurdwaras and other Sikh/LGBTQ groups
- Other tasks developed and assigned by the Human Rights Commission
Other possible duties:
- Work with Human Rights/OPA at Vaisakhi event
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management background/skills
- Technology proficiency with computers, the Internet and common applications like Google Docs
- Experience in strategy building
- Go-to person
- Must be able to attend all HRC meetings on Zoom and closely coordinate with the HRC Chairperson
- Leadership skills
- Lived experience
- Experience with social justice advocacy
- Cross-cultural skills and sensitivity
- Project management experience
- Experience supporting the LGBTQ+ community
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Contract/remote work experience
- Excellent time management skills
Note: this is an independent contractor position, part-time for two years. Continued work after the two years is dependent upon funding. This position is virtual with the occasional need for travel.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience can enhance this project: [email protected]. Deadline for submitting your resume: January 31, 2023