Our vision is to be a progressive, global organization that fosters a spiritual, aware and self-empowered humanity.
KRI is a non-profit organization that holds the teachings of Yogi Bhajan and provides accessible and relevant resources to teachers and students of Kundalini Yoga. Our mission is to make the benefits and practice of Kundalini Yoga, based on the Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, accessible to all people from all backgrounds.
We believe in the joy of community and the transformational power of our teachings to bring positive change to ourselves and our world. We have achieved this through:
• The creation of Teacher Training Programs
• Developing and training amazing Teachers in over 60 countries
• Publishing books and manuals
• Making available research papers on the biomedical effects of Kundalini Yoga
But the most amazing thing about KRI is that all of our achievements and expansions have been led by people who are dedicated to selfless service and the betterment of individuals and communities worldwide through this practice. KRI is truly the manifestation of the community’s prayers and efforts.
Timeline for Board Appointment Process
October 1 – 15, 2022: Application period for applicants to apply to KRI Board.
October 15 – November 30, 2022: Interview commission will conduct interview
process with applicants.
December 1 – December 31, 2022: SSSC Governance Committee and Board
review the recommended candidates and makes final decision on new and
reappointed KRI Board members.
Onboarding new board members begins.
Qualifications we look for in a candidate:
1. Strong relationship with and belief in KRI – its mission, lineage, legacy, businesses, and community.
2. Strong relationship with Kundalini Yoga as Trainer, Teacher, Student, Researcher, or Author, which includes (but are not limited to) the following:
• Commitment to a daily spiritual practice that includes Kundalini Yoga and meditation.
• Commitments to the continuous improvement of one’s own professional knowledge, skills, and awareness.
3. Committed to living “Healthy, Happy and Holy” lifestyle.
4. High ethical standards, integrity, and ability to set aside personal interests and viewpoints for the greater good.
5. Desired experiences:
- Previous non-profit board service
- PR or marketing
- Legal or corporate compliance matters.
- Accounting, finance, investment
- Fundraising skills
- Leadership Role/Executive Management
- Program Development
- Team and Community Building
- Yoga and meditation as business/professional