Nominate a Candidate
Go here to nominate candidates to run for the SSSC Board of Truste
Become a voter
See if you automatically qualify to vote or learn how to apply to become a voter
Note: this section will be available to see once the candidates are approved after May 27th, 2022
Seats up for Election
- SS Awtar Kaur Khalsa – San Francisco, CA
- SS Gurujot Kaur Khalsa – Herndon, VA
- SS Gurusangat Singh Khalsa -Herndon, VA
- SS Gurutej Singh Khalsa – Singapore
- SS Harimander Singh Khalsa – Espanola, NM
- SS Sahaj Singh Khalsa – Santa Fe, NM
- SS Siri Pritam Kaur Khalsa – Yuba City, CA
- SS Siri Vishnu Singh Khalsa – Espanola, NM
The seven (7) members of the SSSC Board whose terms are expiring in Spring 2025 Khalsa Council Meetings are:
- SS Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa Michaud – Plano, TX
- SS Gurujodha Singh Khalsa – Bakersfield, CA
- SS Gurumeet Kaur Khalsa – Espanola, NM
- MSS Guruka Singh Khalsa -Espanola, NM
- SS GuruPrem Singh Khalsa – Los Angeles, CA
- SS Sham Kaur Khalsa – La Paz, Bolivia
- SS Viriam Singh Khalsa – Eugene, OR
2022 Election Calendar Detail
Step 1. Nomination: March 25 – April 30, 2022
- Members of the Sangat shall nominate Candidates through an electronic survey. All Sangat members may participate in the nominating process. *You can may nominate yourself if you are qualified to be a Candidate (i.e. A Minister in Good Standing).
Step 2. Nominee Eligibility/Minister Standing Procedure: March 25-May 8, 2022
- All Ministers who wish to accept a nomination to be a candidate to serve on the board must be Current/In Good Standing with the Office of the Secretary of Religion by 8 p.m. EST on May 8, 2022. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your Minister standing. Be sure to contact them as early as possible in this process. If you are not current in your Minister credentials, please allow at least 5 days prior to May 8 to receive administrative support in becoming current.
Step 3. Vetting: May 9-August 9, 2022
- The 3rd party company will be vetting the candidates according to section 2.6 of the bylaws to determine eligibility.
Step 4. Announcement of Candidates: August 10, 2022
- An email shall be sent to the Voters announcing the names of the eligible Candidates.
Step 5. Submission of Candidate Statements: August 11-26, 2022
- Eligible Candidates shall be provided with a questionnaire requesting relevant biographical information. The questionnaire shall include the submission deadline and criteria for disqualification as specified in step 5 of this schedule.
- Each Eligible Candidate shall submit a response to the questionnaire.
- Candidates who do not submit a response before the deadline shall be disqualified.
Step 6. Review of Candidate Statements: August 27-September 24, 2022
- This phase may run concurrently with Phases 4 and 6.
- The Office of Dharmic Counsel and the 3rd party company shall review all candidate Statements.
- Candidates whose statements are found to contain inappropriate content may submit a revised Statement no later than three (3) days before the start of voting. Candidates who have not submitted an appropriate revised Statement by this deadline shall be disqualified.
Step 7. Posting of Candidate Statements: September 25, 2022
- This phase may run concurrently with phases 4 and 5.
- Once all appropriate Statements have been posted, the website shall be activated and a notification shall be sent to the Electorate.
Step 8. Voting: October 22-November 5, 2022
- Voting will take place online via a secure balloting service.
- Each voter shall be provided with unique credentials so that they may fill out exactly one ballot.
- Each voter may cast a number of votes equal to or less than the number of seats up for election.
- Each voter is prohibited from voting for any Candidate more than once.
Step 9. Tally and Notification: November 6-7, 2022
- Votes shall be tallied electronically after voting ends.
- The Candidate receiving the most votes will be seated.
- In the event of a tie for the seat, if there are more Candidates in the tie than there are open seats, the remaining open seat(s) shall be contested in a run-off election between the tied Candidates.
- Notification of election results shall include winner and tallies for every Candidate.
Step 10. New Board Member Training
- New Board Members take a 2-3 week training before officially becoming part of the Board.
Step 11. Assumption of Office: December 5, 2022
- Winners of the election shall take Office on December 5, 2022.