One of the main responsibilities of the SSSC is to oversee and populate the boards of our subsidiary organizations.
The KIIT Company is the for-profit global portfolio management organization of the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation, an Oregon based religious and administrative body that serves its non-profit member organizations and constituents. KIIT oversees established, global organizations in health and wellness and environmentally-minded categories, while also cultivating the entrepreneurial spirit of innovative ventures. The KIIT Company’s Board of Directors oversees a dedicated corporate staff to achieve KIIT’s goals, provide governance and oversight of KIIT’s subsidiary organizations and support KIIT’s shareholder.
With a strong portfolio of businesses, and an appetite for growth, KIIT is pursuing candidates who share its values: selfless service, compassion, kindness, honesty, candor, integrity, trustworthiness, comradery, inclusivity, and inspired consciousness, coupled with refined business acumen, a passion for excellence, a track-record of acquiring, growing, and nurturing profitable businesses, and a history of building and developing management teams and stakeholder relationships.
Click here to read more about KIIT Board member’s responsibilities, scope of work, qualifications, required experience, and time commitment:
If you feel called to serve on the KIIT Board we are now accepting applications until February 20, 2022.
Do you know someone who would be interested? Forward this email to them!
1st session: Friday, March 25, 2022
- 1:00pm-2:30pm EST
- 12:00pm-1:30pm CST
- 11:00am-12:30pm MST
- 10:00am-11:30am PST
- 7:00pm- 8:30pm CET (Europe)
- 11:30pm-1:00am (Monday) India
2nd session: Sunday, March 27, 2022
- 8:00pm-9:30pm EST
- 7:00pm-8:30pm CST
- 6:00pm-7:30pm MST
- 5:00pm -6:30pm PST
- 2:00am-3:30am (Monday) CET (Europe)
- 6:30am-8:00am (Monday) India
Exciting changes to our Sangat Forums
- Multi-lingual platform: We are using a new online platform, Hypersay Events, that provides translation (in subtitles) for those that request it. *Please note: after you register, email email@example.com and let her know the language that you need translation for.
- Closed-captioning: Hypersay Events uses Automatic speech recognition (ASR) to automatically turn speech into live subtitles.
- Subsidiary representation: We will have representatives from the subsidiary organizations to answer your pre-submitted questions.
Click on the button below for more information and to register:
As per our Transparency Policy, we have added or are in the process of adding the following information to our website:
- Registration information for Sangat Forums. Register here for our upcoming March 25th & 27th Sangat Forums.
- Regular Meeting agendas, voting records and motions.
- Board approved policies.
- Amendments to the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
- Information on SSSC organizational structure.
- Board member profiles.
- History and nonprofit status.
- Information on affiliated organizations.
- The role of the Board and Trustees.
- Offices of the SSSC.
- Committees and Commissions of the SSSC.
- Trustee and Officer Election information.
- Board member meeting attendance records (updated biannually.)
- Link to Guidestar and 990s for constituent organizations.
- Litigation tab for publishing the public filings in current litigation. (under development)
- Publish annual reports on the activities of the SSSC.
Please see the Transparency Policy below. You can also view the policy on the SSSC website here: SSSC Transparency Policy
SSSC Transparency Policy
The Board of Trustees of the SSSC desires to conduct business in an atmosphere that is open and transparent with the goal of promoting trust and understanding with the Global Sangat.
Recognizing that transparency has benefits and requires ongoing efforts, the Board adopts this Policy to enhance communication with the Global Community.
To facilitate transparency, the Board will do the following upon adoption of this policy:
- Conduct regular virtual Sangat Forums to interact with the global Sangat and address questions and concerns. Sangat Forums will be recorded and the recordings will be published on the SSSC’s website.
- Publish, on our website, Regular Meeting agendas, Regular Meeting voting records, and Regular Meeting motions subject to review by the Office of Dharmic Counsel.
- The following additional material will be published on the website and will be updated as it changes:
- Publish annual reports on the activities of the SSSC.
Share other information as may be determined by the board to be of importance to Global Community members and stakeholders.
The Board encourages participation of Global Community members in leadership activities and solicits their input to benefit its decision-making processes.
The following information will not be shared publicly:
- Community and Board member grievances and complaints
- Confidential information
- Sensitive legal and financial information
- Special Meeting: agendas, minutes, motions, and voting records
The Siri Singh Sahib Corporation (SSSC) and all of the affiliated organizations under its umbrella, stand united against abuse of any type, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for any conduct that harms or exploits anyone. We are committed to a safe environment for everyone who participates in any of our activities.
These last few months have brought to light very difficult experiences from the past. The SSSC recognizes our need to listen and reflect deeply on what these accounts have to teach us and how to move forward together with sensitivity, awareness and inclusion. The SSSC’s commitment is to continue this process and to act responsibly in light of what we learn.
In November 2012, the SSSC board became the first elected governance body of our family of organizations. From the time it assumed its governance role, the Board began to strengthen the ethics, compliance, and enforcement policies and programs of our organizations. Some of the SSSC initiatives to ensure a safe and respectful place for learning and practicing the yogic and dharmic teachings, include:
- Supporting the Office of Ethics and Professional Standards (EPS). Since 2014 EPS has worked to ensure the safety of every student and teacher of Kundalini Yoga by providing training in professional standards and ethics policies. A Code of Ethics for teachers and a Bill of Rights for yoga students are in place to ensure that ethical standards are maintained. Additionally, a Code of Ethics for Sikh Dharma Ministers is in development. EPS provides a 24/7 hotline (1-888-805-4888) and a user-friendly, online process (https://epsweb.org/complaint-procedures) for reporting ethics concerns and addresses such complaints in a timely and effective manner. EPS has recently engaged an expert consultant to review and strengthen our policies and procedures organization-wide and to recommend ways to improve our organizational practices. For more information, please visit the EPS website at: epsweb.org
- Strengthening our efforts to cultivate safe environments for all who participate in our events or are part of our community.
The SSSC has been taking steps to cultivate safe environments. Once the report is completed, the SSSC will study the findings with EPS and the Office of Dharmic Counsel . With input from the global community, we will seek a deeper understanding of all issues and will take the steps necessary to ensure that we maintain an environment that is safe for everyone.
- Safeguarding the youth in all of our programs. In 2014 an anti-bullying program was implemented at our school in India, Miri Piri Academy. More recently, based on accounts from next generation members of our community, the SSSC commissioned the Youth Response Team (YRT). Among other things, the YRT is focused on initiatives for supporting the next generation and will also coordinate a broad effort to evaluate our current youth programs to ensure that they are as safe and supportive for all participants.
- Commitment to diversity and equitable treatment. As an organization, we believe in the equality and dignity of all human beings and we stand for truth, social justice and equitable opportunities for all. In the months ahead, the SSSC Board will reach out to various constituents in our community in order to listen and better understand the work necessary to create a more inclusive and safe environment.
We remain committed to sharing the teachings that have enriched our lives and the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world. As we move forward, we are committed to being conscious and caring, treating all with respect, compassion and kindness, and supporting and enforcing the highest ethical standards.
Siri Singh Sahib Corporation
- Yogi Bhajan is born in the part of India that becomes Pakistan in 1948.
- Yogi Bhajan leaves India for Canada, bringing Kundalini Yoga to the West.
- 3HO is incorporated in California with Yogi Bhajan serving as Director of Spiritual Education.
- Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) is established and later incorporated in 1976.
- Yogi Tea is established, introducing teas inspired by the ancient holistic healing philosophy of Ayurveda.
- Sikh Dharma International is incorporated and officially recognized as a religion in the U.S.
- Akal Security is founded to provide security services geared to government and military needs.
- SikhNet is founded as a bulletin board service for Sikhs, and later evolves into a website with multiple services
- 3HO becomes a member of the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization.
- Miri Piri Academy opens in Amritsar, India.
- Siri Singh Sahib Corporation files Articles of Incorporation as a Nonprofit Corporation but does not become operational until 2012.
- KIIT Company, Inc. is formed as a holding corporation for the for-profit businesses.
- Yogi Bhajan leaves his body.
- Elections are held and the first meeting of the SSSC’s initial Board of Directors is held in Española, New Mexico.
- The Office of Ethics & Professional Standards & Conscious Conflict Resolution (EPS) is launched to maintain ethics and integrity of all entities affiliated with the SSSC.
The SSSC Board of Trustees carries out its mission to live to and hold the values encompassed in the teachings of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, namely: selfless service, compassion, kindness, honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness. The SSSC Board of Trustees seeks to guide and support the work of the nonprofit and for-profit entities of the 3HO and Sikh Dharma communities.
The organizations under the SSSC’s umbrella are centered on the teachings of Sikh Dharma and of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. On the spiritual level, the Board sets the direction and vision for the 3HO and Sikh Dharma organizations worldwide by adopting and implementing policies and procedures that embody Khalsa consciousness and values. On the temporal side, it deals with the administrative issues that come with its responsibility to oversee the numerous nonprofit and for-profit organizations that the Siri Singh Sahib created and inspired to benefit humanity.
Siri Singh Sahib Corporation
Espanola, NM 87532
Incorporated: September 1997
Began Operating: 2010
- To protect, preserve, and cultivate the 3HO and Sikh Dharma constituent community worldwide.
- To serve and elevate the entities and people of the 3HO and Sikh Dharma communities.
- To live to and uphold the values encompassed in the teachings of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, which includes selfless service, compassion, kindness, honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness.
The Office of Ethics & Professional Standards & Conscious Conflict Resolution works to maintain the ethics and integrity of all of the 3HO, KRI, and Sikh Dharma communities and sangat, including Kundalini Yoga teachers, KRI teacher trainers, and Sikh Dharma International ministers. It is responsible for upholding ethical standards and for resolving complaints of violations of those standards. Services include a formal complaint procedure, resolving conflict though mediation, and incorporating the pathway of restorative justice to resolve harm caused.
Office of Dharmic Counsel
The Office of Dharmic Counsel serves as general counsel for the SSSC and provides advice and counsel to the SSSC Board and staff on operational matters.
Dharmic Office of Public Affairs
The Dharmic Office of Public Affairs was created by the International Khalsa Council in 2016 to expand awareness about the legacy organizations of the SSSC. This is accomplished by building and maintaining a positive reputation for our organizations based on our shared values and building responsive relationships with the Sikh leadership, the yoga community, the media, and the general public.
3HO is a non-profit corporation dedicated to inspiring everyone, everywhere, to realize their full potential through Kundalini Yoga. Founded in 1969, 3HO is a vibrant, international yoga community of teachers, students, and seekers of various faiths and cultures. 3HO hosts the semi-annual solstice yoga celebrations, drawing thousands of people. Hundreds of thousands of people are uplifted by the work of 3HO.
3HO Europe is a nonprofit foundation serving the European Union dedicated to teaching Kundalini Yoga and related technology for the benefit of physical, mental and spiritual health. Educational programs include pre- and post-natal care, meditation, philosophy, cooking and diet, healing, etc. and are offered to people from all walks of life.
Formed in 1972 and established in 1976 as a nonprofit corporation, KRI safeguards the purity, integrity, and accuracy of the teachings of Kundalini Yoga. KRI has developed three levels of Kundalini Yoga teacher training, preserves the teachings in an online library, fosters scientific research, and provide resources for students and teachers. KRI supports tens of thousands of teachers worldwide.
Miri Piri Academy in Amritsar, India, is an international boarding school for students in grades seven through twelve combining a rigorous academic curriculum with daily spiritual and yogic practice. It is accredited by the University of Cambridge International Examinations, and IGCSE and A-Level Certification are offered.
Sikh Dharma International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) religious organization, incorporated in 1973
and headquartered in the U.S. Its mission is to serve and uplift humanity through the universal teachings of the Sikh Gurus and the path of Sikh Dharma. SDI has a ministry consisting of nearly 300 ordained ministers as well as an International Khalsa Council, an advisory body to the SSSC and its affiliated organizations, of ministers and leaders from around the world. The Sikh faith is the 7th largest religion in the world.
Sikhnet is a global virtual community for Sikhs and all interested in the Sikh way of life. It provides spiritual education and resources in an accessible on-line environment, intended to inspire and uplift participants. SikhNet is one of the largest Sikh websites, receiving over 800,000 visits per month.
For Profit Organizations
Yogi Tea — founded on the guiding principle to “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good” — is available in natural grocery and mass market stores in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Japan. With every ingredient sourced, and every cup of tea we make, we strive to support quality, sustainability and social responsibility on a local, national, and global level.
Established in 1980, Akal Security specializes in providing security for critical federal government facilities, state and local government agencies.